Descriptive Reflection: Self-Intro Letter

Subject: self-introduction

Dear Professor Brad Franklin Blackstone,

I am Noel Tham, and I am in my first year pursuing a degree in mechanical design and manufacturing engineering at Singapore Institute of Technology. I would like to take this time to share more about myself as I embark on this module of critical thinking and communicating.

As a child with Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD), I could never sit still and would always be captivated and perplexed by the way things move and work. Aircraft modeling was one of the outlets that enabled me to focus and seeing that it developed my learning ability, I invested more time into this field, which eventually led to the programming and engineering of microcontroller technology. Deciding to move my passion for engineering to a profession, I enrolled in Temasek Polytechnic, taking a diploma in Aerospace Electronics.

Public speaking has never been my strongest point. During my national service, I was placed into roles where I was obligated to give speeches, briefings, and presentations. I would stumble, stutter, and get lost in my thoughts while speaking, and am often unable to deliver a presentation smoothly. I believe that my communication strength lies in active listening. Being a relatively quiet person, I enjoy listening to the speaker and empathizing while providing relevant feedback and good advice.  

I intend to further polish my presentation delivery and to become an efficient writer through the course of this module by grasping the writing techniques in this module, being more vocal, and by participating in class actively. 

I believe that my sense of responsibility is what sets me apart from others. Being a hard worker, I am confident that I would stay committed to completing tasks on time with the highest quality that I can deliver. Thank you for taking the time to read my e-mail, and I look forward to improving my communication skills under your tutelage.

Yours Sincerely,

Noel Tham 















 




Comments

  1. I feel that Noel relates his personal experience and they have clearly shaped him to be the man he is today. Content wise, he has fulfilled what is required of him, and his transition from one point to another is good. The introduction letter has a good flow and good use of language with minimal grammatical errors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Haresh, thank you for reading and acknowledging my email assignment, i will edit my report to eliminate the grammatical errors

      Delete
  2. Noel's introduction is heartwarming as he opens up to share about his experience with ADHD and how it has shaped him. He has addressed the points required in this assignment along with great organisation, making it easy to read. Well done Noel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee, thank you for reading my email and giving me compliments. I will aim to produce assignments of similar standards.

      Delete
  3. Dear Noel,

    Thank you for this informative and well-organized letter. It's very interesting to us readers when you share your background in terms of the personal motivation for doing modeling and studying engineering and your impression of your own comm skills. It's clear that speaking in public and presenting are areas that we can work on to your advantage during the module. I hope you take all the opprtunities given to do exactly that.

    I'm impressed by the person described in this letter. Please feel free in class to share your ideas more often and to adopt a leadership role in your research team.

    I look forward to working with you further this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Prof, thank you for reading my email. I will try my best to participate more in class and work on my vocality by speaking up in class more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great! As the Japanese say, "Gambatte!" Do your best!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts