Critical Reflection

Critical Reflection is of paramount importance when it comes to improving oneself and is required to properly analyze the progress and identify the potential areas of improvement. As mentioned in my descriptive reflection, the goals in this module were to become a more efficient writer and polish my presentation delivery. Throughout the course of this module, there were various assessments of my writing and speech delivery, and the grades and feedback that I received have become a standard that I must strive to push beyond. 

Communication consisted of verbal and non-verbal aspects. There were numerous methods taught in class to improve these areas. Regarding my writing skills, I learned how to properly research and use the appropriate journals and articles to provide a more comprehensive and coherent report.  it is also imperative to hone the skill of paraphrasing in order to translate the information gathered into the report in an appropriate fashion. My verbal communication skills were upgraded through oral communication in class and the practice of my speeches. 

How my report writing skills could be further improved would be the proper use of citation style. By diving deep into the assumptions made about the topic, analyzing them, and coming up with a hypothesis, the main supporting ideas could be weighed and discussed, resulting in a more comprehensive study. The inclusion of relevant and supporting information gives rise to credibility and accuracy. Overall, with these characteristics, my future writing will be succinct. To ameliorate my oratorical skills, I will keep practicing my speeches and get feedback from my peers and lecturers. Rather than crafting a script and memorizing it for presentation, I aim to work on my elaboration skills so that the nervousness does not affect my delivery during presentations. 

The skill of critical thinking was alleviated through the use of numerous critical reflection processes. For example, Nathasha Kenny's essential method of reflection taught me about the potential systematic approaches used to analyze a specific experience, how and why the factors contributed to the situation, the significance of the circumstance, and the measures I should take to address future experiences. To further refine my critical thinking ability, I aim to consider more points of view and fully empathize with the situation. In this way, I will be able to make more well-informed conclusions and decisions. 

A part of the project in which I have been deeply involved was the benefits aspect. We identified many areas of benefits that were useful. However, it took time to pinpoint the most important and relevant ones as we had to think from the stakeholder's point of view and discover the points that benefit Polestar the most. Through this process, critical thinking had to be used to realize the current needs, feasibility, and viability of the idea we were proposing. In terms of the presentation, I felt that my delivery of the benefits portion could be more convincing and the ideas could be better introduced. 

Overall, I feel that my presentation skills have improved and I have identified the areas of weaknesses that need polishing. My written and critical thinking skills will continue to be practiced and used throughout the course of my university life as I believe the process of getting better and self-improvement never stops. The feedback I received from my peers and lecturer will be examined and put into practice for further reports and presentations. I lead my team through this project and I am pleased with the teamwork and the respect we have for each other's ideas. This experience has helped me realize that many people have good ideas and opinions, and it is all about how we can work together to bring the best out of it. 

Comments

  1. Thanks very much, Noel, for the fine details and explanations shared in this reflection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts